This position is responsible for preparation of financial reports, business plans, forecasts and financial/economic analysis for the ENGIE Services North American businesses explaining financial results (past & forecasted) through operational drivers and context evolution. Supports management decision making through competent research, modeling, forecasting, analysis & advisory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works closely with project managers & analyst to prepares monthly and quarterly performance reviews, explaining the evolution of the business through operational drivers, highlights, and context evolution (i.e project pipeline, margin variances, schedules, productivity, business environment etc). Includes comparison to project budgets, past and forecasted performance and covers key financial indicators (P&L, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet).
- Engages across the organization to coordinate deliverables and to maintain an understanding of the business and status of on-going service contracts & construction/installation projects as necessary to prepare best estimates/early warnings and to respond quickly to ad hoc questions/requests.
- Works hand in hand with finance teams to track revenue recognition matters & other reporting requirements. Adapts tracking mechanics as needed for business evolution (new project financing structures, incentives, intercompany deals etc).
- Supports Executive team as needed including ad hoc requests (i.e. visitor presentations etc).
- Works with the Houston controlling team to ensure that Corporate needs are met.
- Responsible for group reporting (One-Controlling) input of the variance analysis, capex tracking & operational/commercial KPIs. Responsible to load budgets into the group reporting system.
- Coordinates, develops, and assists with presentation of annual budgets, forecasts and medium-term business plans.
- Tracks & reports on focused growth initiatives.
- Monitors the service level agreement between services and the shared services organization to optimize quality and cost of the service provided.
- In partnership with shared services and the operational organization, identify and implement business processes improvements to improve financial & operational data flows to/from the reporting systems to produce more efficient and relevant outputs and to enhance the control environment.
- Assist as needed with the group systems implementations.
- Other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Construction/projects, service and or energy project finance experience
- Knowledge of percentage of completion & milestone accounting practices
- Typically requires highly developed interpersonal skills for gaining necessary collaboration from business partners & ability to influence without authority
- Typically faces situations that are unstructured and require original approaches.
- Typically considers new approaches within general policies and short-term goals when solving problems.
- Typically, once given general assignments, determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Quantitative and analytical modeling skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent command of PowerPoint and Excel
- SAP a plus
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
- Ability to travel (at least 25%)
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5 years of relevant experience