The LifePlan Principal Membership Advisor will provide thought and practice leadership for LegalZoom LifePlan’s membership advisor team. You will work with and within a team of specialists who provide exemplary support to members of LegalZoom’s growing employee benefit offering, LifePlan. The team’s primary responsibility is to connect LifePlan Members with the right combination of Legal, Insurance, Financial and Tax services based on the life event or situation a member faces.
As a Principal Membership Advisor, you will engage members in a highly consultative service experience designed to inform and delight. You will drive the up-skilling and education of the advisory team’s knowledge of the interplay between Estate Planning/Tax/Financial/Insurance matters. You will be required to collaborate with different facets of LegalZoom and/or our partner network to satisfactorily resolve member cases, uphold, and continuously improve LifePlan standards of service.
Our ideal candidate thrives on being a trusted advisor, is passionate about helping others, has a humble and entrepreneurial spirit, and believes strongly in providing exceptional client service.
What you’ll do:
- Provide personal financial planning consulting services to LifePlan members
- Serve as resident Subject Matter Expert. Will set and manage the practice standards for our 3rd party financial and insurance advice partners
- Create and monitor financial and insurance practice standards for LegalZoom’s membership advisor team
- Maintain practice knowledgebase and flows with topics to include budget creation and management, credit card debt management, student loan management, debt consolidation, personal investment strategies, savings strategies, life stage planning (college, retirement, child birth, etc), insurance strategies, tax strategies and estate planning.
- Promote professional development amongst the team by maintaining an in-depth understanding of financial planning, capital markets and the financial services industry.
- Keep abreast of significant changes or developments (e.g. taxation, regulatory, legal, and competitive) within the financial services field.
- Model, coach, and educate team members on conversational competency in financial planning, life insurance, estate planning, and tax planning.
- Leverage LifePlan related collateral, information articles and similar to send to members who could benefit from more detailed information. Identify the need for additional collateral and work with Marketing/Content Management to drive their development
- Monitor trends and report common member feedback to help identify opportunities to continuously improve the member experience and process efficiencies.
- Continuously identify process improvement opportunities along with business solutions.
- Advanced mastery of general estate planning, transactional legal concepts, tax planning, financial planning and/or insurance Ability to present and educate others with diverse backgrounds and varying levels of proficiency in investment, finance, insurance, and tax planning concepts
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Members, attorneys/admins, accountants, insurance advisors, and financial advisors in a highly professional and positive manner.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies that may be put in place to service LifePlan Members.
- Seasoned professional contributor works independently
- Hands on team player who will do what it takes to make the entire LifePlan team successful.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Minimum 8 years of client-facing tax, wealth management or financial planning experience
- BA/BS required, advanced education and/or industry certifications preferred. Examples include:
- Series 7, 65 or 66 and/or State Life Insurance
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), Personal Financial Specialist (PFS), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Investment Consultant (CIC)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish languages preferred
- Minimal travel required (less than 10%)