In this role, you will support business unit’s growth and portfolio quality through underwriting customer and vendor (third party) relationships, and you will prepare formal presentations/ write-ups for customers and program requests for review by senior management.
• Analyze, adjudicate, and recommend credit decisions with in assigned authority. Transactions primarily range in size from $250M to $1MM. The officer is expected to support transactions in excess of $1MM for review by appropriate authority.
• Responsible for conducting new vendor program reviews and annual updates to existing programs. Candidate is expected to be familiar with various elements of vendor programs to cover business risks from a credit, operations, and portfolio servicing perspective.
• Ensure timely review of assigned transactions and credit facilities for new requests. Work closely with business development to structure and adjudicate credit requests.
• Coordinate with business development to complete annual reviews/ modifications to existing vendor programs and support new program development.
• Mentor and guide junior credit staff on new credit requests and vendor programs.
• Interact with other departments within the business unit to address appropriate credit, documentation, and program issues.
• Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position and keep up to date on regulation changes.
• Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required.
• Five or more years of commercial credit underwriting experience in a bank or a regulated commercial finance company, preferably in vendor/ equipment finance.
• Knowledge of various vendor program structures.
• Proficient in Moody’s Risk Analyst.
• Working knowledge of Dual Risk Rating (PD/LGD) methodology in a banking/ regulated environment.
• Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
Financial Pacific Leasing, a growing subsidiary of Umpqua Bank, is a commercial equipment leasing company headquartered in Federal Way, WA. Established in 1975, we are a leader in the leasing industry and we take pride in our business and employees. Our team is smart, hard-working and fun – and thrive working in a fast paced, goal oriented, open environment. Our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Req Number 19-364