The Financial Operations, Manager will be a key partner of the Operations department by providing insightful operational and financial analysis to senior management; while satisfying standard financial close and forecasting requirements. This person will have a strong analytical and costing background. The Financial Operations Manager will be highly pro-active in collecting, analyzing and reporting detailed financial/cost data and identifying sources of further optimization of profitability in plant operations. This person will be involved in the financial close process as well as supporting annual audit activities.
This person will hold a highly visible position and have direct contact with senior leaders in Finance & Accounting, Operations, Engineering, Estimating and Sales. There are some tight reporting requirements which may require overtime and occasional weekend or holiday work. Minimal travel is expected.
Functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Drive process improvements for analysis and financial performance through the gross profit line
- Routinely meet with plant operational leadership to understand current issues and provide financial insights
- Perform impact analysis to provide plant management with cause and effect scenarios to assist with operational conclusions
- Regularly analyze trends in sales volume and mix in order to assess the impact these factors have on margin and plant efficiencies
- Interface with senior leadership and peers to collect and process relevant financial and operational information
- Lead the analysis and prediction of manufacturing cost data for the annual planning/budgeting process, as well as the quarterly forecast update process
- Act as the subject matter expert for budgetary decisions which impact gross profit
- Compile and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) for the plant, such as productivity and scrap
- Proactively identify cost saving opportunities and perform timely validation of those projects
- Lead ad-hoc financial analysis projects for the plants under respective responsibility
- Manage monthly close and annual audit activities for inventory activity through gross profit, including the appropriate assessment of various reserve valuations
- Lead the effort to set standard material, labor, and burden costs for the plant on an annual basis and maintain these costs throughout the year to ensure proper accounting and accurate analysis
- Refine and implement monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for designated groups.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in cost accounting and/or manufacturing accounting
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience with a global manufacturing company with exposure to international issues
- Experience with month-end financial reporting
- General knowledge of GAAP and ability to apply to Oliver's activities and implications to Oliver
- 2 years of management experience in a similar financial role required
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is a plus
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a plus
- Ability to understand the big picture and company strategy while also having high attention to detail
- Required to work efficiently and accurately with minimal supervision. Has a strong ability to show initiative and be a problem solver
- Experiences with large ERP financial systems (SAP/Dynamics) a plus
- Prior experience with Hyperion is desirable. Advanced Excel skills, including ability to create macros and vlookups and utilize basic spreadsheet analytics with data, sorting and formulas.
- Agent of Change – able to recognize people, process and technology gaps to create change for desired outcomes consistent with Oliver's vision.
- Communication skills- ability to articulate vision; ability to manage difficult conversations with tact and diplomacy
- Work ethic – enjoys working in a fast-paced environment; ability to manage multiple priorities; ability to operate in a relatively lean environment; roll-up-the-sleeves mentality
- Integrity – ability to handle highly confidential information
- The ability to predictably and regularly attend work and to be punctual.
- The ability to work cooperatively with others.
- The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or coworkers.
- The ability to perform several tasks at once.
- The ability to follow direction or instruction.
- The ability to use a computer to communicate, create, and access information.
- Ability to travel (US and Internationally)
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends