$150K — $250K
Orange County based Property Casualty insurance carrier rated A+ “SUPERIOR” by AM BEST is looking for an experienced, professional Financial Officer, Auditor/Controller to help us continue our successful track record.
This individual will report directly to the President and CEO. He or she will be a hands on executive and will hold responsibilities that may include but are not limited to:
· Full charge responsibility for all accounting practices and operations;
· Producing accurate and timely NAIC and other monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements according to Statutory Accounting Principles;
· Reporting to and complying with Department of Insurance and other regulatory agencies;
· Complying with applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting;
· Overseeing tax liability, filing and returns and working with state and federal tax agencies;
· Coordinating and managing internal and external financial audits;
· Providing reinsurance financial reporting;
· Providing documentation and presentation to external evaluating agencies such as A.M. Best to enhance Company ratings;
· Proposing and implementing initiatives for efficiency, effectiveness and for cost saving measures;
The successful candidate will possess at a minimum a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance or closely related field, and must have experience with Statutory Accounting Principles. He or she will be someone with exceptional integrity and accountability and perform with the highest standards for professional conduct, performance and character.
In addition, this person should have experience with and be proficient in automated processes, especially with accounting systems and have the ability to evaluate and make recommendations for improvement and efficiency through automation.
We offer a competitive base compensation plus bonus and a comprehensive benefits package including a generous Profit Sharing Plan.
Valid through: 10/7/2020