The Financial Manager is responsible for the Accounting and Commercial functions of the plant. Responsible for all on-site accounting functions - AP, AR, fixed assets, general ledger, financial statements, budgeting and forecasting for plant. The person holding this position provides and/or supervises plant support for accounting administration, reporting, and record keeping. This person will also support commercial analysis activities. Provide stakeholders projected and reported results, analyze key operating and business parameters and then advise Plant Manager and Asset Manager of best strategy to achieve optimum performance. Finally, he or she will leverage business management training, experience, observations, interactions and understanding to enhance financial results through advice and action.
- Maintain the general ledger and accounting systems, including preparing/reviewing all necessary journal entries, accruals, inventory entries and reports to comply with closing requirements
- Maintain fixed asset records and depreciation. Reconcile general ledger and detail.
- Responsible for inventory control. Review the physical inventory, and the inventory reconciliations. Audit the processes to ensure the accuracy of inventory accounting.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Responsible for revenue and gas purchase accounting. Verify accuracy of data on daily reports and settlement statements. Record energy sales revenue and gas purchase expenses on the general ledger. Perform ISO reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and forecasting
- Interface with external auditors for annual financial audit as required. Prepare required audit work papers
- Record, monitor and forecast monthly cash flow activity in the O&M and Revenue accounts
- Work with IT Manager as needed regarding financial and maintenance systems issues
- Process insurance and warranty claims
- Provide construction requisition assistance
- Ensure compliance with established internal, accounting and reporting controls.
- Perform tasks on special requests or projects, as directed
Reporting and Budgeting:
- Coordinate preparation of annual operating budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Provide financial data and results to General Manager, Asset Manager, Operations Manager and Corporate office staff as required. Including reporting required under the debt documents.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining Plant's compliance with debt documents and debt covenants
- Review and analyze monthly budget variance report
Treasury and Tax:
- Perform treasury function for the plant, including review of monthly funding request and preparation of cash forecasts. Coordinate funding and wire requests between the plant and Owners. Manage the bank account funding requirements, and prepare required cash compliance schedules.
- Responsible for plant business tax reporting, including property and sales and use tax reporting and payment. File annual personal property tax affidavits.
- Assist in providing support to tax accountants for preparation of annual income tax returns
- Develop, implement and then manage on an ongoing basis data management systems needed for day-to-day operation as a merchant facility
- Assess, evaluate and make recommendations to Corporate management, the Plant Manager and Operations Manager to maximize day-to-day-performance under merchant operations
- Provides leadership and support in interpreting, developing, negotiating, and implementing commercial terms for all project contracts and agreements, including strategic business initiatives, to enhance and optimize the long-term asset positioning of the project
- Manages the capital project budget
- Prepares accurate and timely commercial reports and analysis as designated
- Identifies commercial and financial issues related to CAISO activities
- Provides regular status updates to the Director of Commercial Strategy and the Corporate Accounting Team
- CAISO Daily Analysis: including analyzing settlement data, identifying items for potential dispute, filing disputes, and providing Director of Commercial Strategy with report about disputes
- Tracks CAISO costs associated with trips
- Summarizes data on weekly basis for commercial call
- Participates in the development and achievement of strategic business plans, goals, and objectives
- Provides support for future development efforts