Prominent law firm downtown is seeking an experienced Financial Manager who, in conjunction with the Director of Finance, will perform functions to manage the general accounting, the firm's trust and escrow accounts, billing, accounts payable, cash receipts, budgeting, financial statement and productivity reporting & analysis. This position directly or indirectly supervises as many as eight (8) staff members.
The successful candidate will:
• Prepare financial statements and balance sheet analysis for review by the Director of Finance. Create and analyze ad hoc reports related to cash expenditures such as capital, operating expense, and employee time analysis as requested by management.
• Compile statistical data for presentation to Compensation Committee, reporting on time allocation and billing for partners and associates. Create, prepare and distribute billable and non-billable time reports.
• Actively participate in the annual budget process including the preparation of proposed expenditures. Track actual expenditures and perform analysis of actual expenditures versus budget.
• On a weekly basis oversee the preparation and review of the voucher register. Communicate cash position and cash flow projections to supervisor and designated management.
• Supervise accounts payable, cash receipts, trust and escrow account management and billing personnel.
• Review and approve bank reconciliations for trust, escrow, payroll and operational accounts. Review trust bank account reconciliations with designated Partner.
• Review and approve all cost advances and vendor invoices.
• Maintain existing banking relationships and manage treasury function. Contact local banks regarding loans, certificates of deposit, stop payments, and other such issues concerning the firm and bank.
• Maintain and research client cost recoveries related to computerized legal research, copy/print/fax and long distance costs.
• Identify process improvement opportunities including developing cost benefit analysis. Present proposals to management for consideration and discussion.
Candidates should possess:
• Bachelordegree in accounting required with a minimum of 7years of related work experience. A CPA and/or MBA and some knowledge of partnership accounting are a plus.
• Previous work experience in a professional services organization preferred.
• Advanced Excel skills with extensive knowledge in utilizing advanced formulas, pivot tables and macros. Prior experience with Aderant Expert is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot, research and reconcile accounting issues as they arise.
• Must possess the ability to meet deadlines, prioritize work, handle multiple tasks and maintain discretion on confidential matters.
• Organized, resourceful and solutions oriented.
• Ability to motivate staff to provide a high level of client service and produce a quality work product within established deadlines.
• Priorsupervisory experience required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required in order to effectively communicate with a diverse attorney group and staff.