Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
This role is for a Financial Manager supporting Teradata’s Americas Region Sales organization. This financial analyst will be responsible for consolidating, analyzing and executing monthly and quarterly financial analysis, monthly and quarterly forecasts, annual plan development, management review support, and other general financial planning activities. On a day-to-day basis, this support includes providing information, analysis and recommendations that allow the sales/service management to more efficiently and effectively manage the business, while growing revenue and improving profitability. This role reports to the CFO of the Americas.
- High business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial data, and perform transactional accounting as required.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate through all levels of the organization
- Detail oriented
- Identification and driving of on-going process improvements and efficiencies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in highly dynamic and fast paced environment
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives
- Ability to converse, explain and educate complex financial topics to others in on the team and their impact to the overall financial health of the business
- Ability to utilize information technology to meet team and customer requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA Preferred
- Minimum 8 years related work experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification and work experience
- Self-directed individual
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, GAAP, and P&L
- Experience in financial reporting and/or accounting functions
- Knowledge of Business Objects and Hyperion
- Exceptional Excel Skills and other windows applications
- Experience in Financial Planning