Financial Management Systems Administrator
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Financial Management Systems (FMS) Administrator will:
- Administer access to the Government client’s Financial Management Systems (FMS).
- Provide technical support for all FMS related issues, including training the FMS user community to ensure the efficient and effective use of the system
- Interact with technical support team and vendors to schedule upgrades, modifications and required maintenance
- Develop, document, and enforce the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of the FMS system
- Work with the Infrastructure team to design, implement, and periodically test the FMS backup and recovery procedures
- Analyze current and projected future FMS performance requirements; fine-tune or recommend equipment changes when necessary
- Maintain knowledge of relative technology developments through training courses, seminars, and publications
- Monitors, analyzes and troubleshoots systems and data to ensure the system performs as designed.
- Provides proactive monitoring and management of existing systems and identifies changes and potential problem solutions.
Requires 10 to 12years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- 10 years relevant experience with relational database management systems, at least 3 within the IC
- Bachelors degree in computer science or technology discipline
- Current and active TS/SCI clearance with CI polygraph.
- Demonstrated 3+ years’ experience administering SQL server or Oracle databases
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of CFO business processes and their inter-relationships is highly desirable.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with various types of customers, employees, managers, and vendors to identify and resolve FMS related issues
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment - multi-tasking, prioritization, and ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
Job ID 2017-45965