Tax Compliance - General
- Supervise the preparation of corporate federal and state income and franchise tax returns (annual, quarterly, extensions) prepared by the support team.
- Prepare complex entity corporate income and franchise tax returns (annual, quarterly, extensions).
- Prepare quarterly US estimated tax payment calculations.
- Assist in the administration and ongoing refinement to tax compliance software (eg, Thomson Reuters Onesource or comparable software).
- Liaise with the Tax Advisory team on, and supervise the preparation of, returns dealing with international transactions (eg, Forms 1120F and 5472).
- Perform research on tax technical issues (ex. combined/consolidated filing positions, reporting federal changes).Assist with federal and state audits / respond to correspondence and notices.
Tax Accounting / Provision
- Review month end provisions and deferred tax computations prepared by team to ensure tax balances are calculated and reported accurately.
- Prepare tax provision, effective tax rate calculations, taxable income and deferred tax computations for complex transactions.
- Analysis and tracking of Tax attributes. Assist with development and testing of tax basis calculations based on balance sheet approach for book/tax differences and roll-forward accounting.
- Review deferred taxreports by category of temporary difference for accounting and regulatory capital purposes.
- Review tax payables and tax receivables reconciliations for cash flow and FX hedging purposes.
- Liaise closely with Business Unit Finance, Legal Entity Controllers and Tax Advisory teams to understand and highlight potential tax technical issues with accounting positions, transactions and new products.
- Performance management of junior staff on areas of tax accounting responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in accounting and/or finance, Masters in Tax and/or CPA
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a similar taxreporting role, preferably with a background in financial services and/or funds management.
- Detail-oriented with good intuitive reasoning skills
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational, and research skills
- Poised & relationship-oriented, works effectively in cross-functional & cross-border teams
Apply now Job no: FMG-939077