The Financial Institutions Transformation Consultant will operate as part of RSM's Technology and Management Consulting Practice, assisting with maintaining and/or creating IT related compliance documentation for financial institutions - mainly banks and credit unions. Documentation examples include, but are not limited to, Information Security Policy, Risk Assessment and Business Impact Analysis.
Additionally, this person provide ongoing IT related regulatory guidance and advice to institutions, which may include assisting them with preparing for a regulatory exam and developing action items to address examiner findings. This person will collaborate often with RSM consultants, such as IT compliance team members, infrastructure and applications consultants and a variety of banking subject matter experts to contribute talents as needed to other RSM technology consulting related service teams' client projects.
- Possess broad, general understanding of bank (or credit union) operations or bank / credit union business processes and technology.
- Maintain awareness of external regulations for new or changed requirements within IT
- Continual learning to better understand the overall RSM technology consulting array of services, with the intent to enhance value to the client through integration of services.
- Aspire to career growth by assuming more active roles in technology assessments over time, as knowledge and experience progress.
- Ability to interface with and present to management level people
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or a combination of education and relevant experience
- 10+ years experience in the financial institutions industry, preferably in operations, IT compliance or IT support
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Broad, general understanding of technology strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of banking operations, IT processes and compliance would be a plus
- Strong communication, customer service and problem solving skills a must
- Excellent customer relationship management skills and ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Willingness to travel throughout the Midwest. (est. 50%)
Job ID req7321