$200K — $250K *
As a team member in the Finance and Internal Audit department at Nationwide, the opportunities are endless! You can grow and learn in diverse areas across many disciplines such as Advanced Analytics, Investments, Actuarial, Accounting, Risk Management, Critical Business Advisor and so much more. Let Nationwide help create your career journey!
This role can be filled at the G3-G4-H3-H4 depending on the candidate’s qualifications.
Job Description Summary
JOB SUMMARY: Applies deep domain-knowledge of life insurance products and actuarial valuation methods and principles to create specialized and computationally-efficient Actuarial Projection applications. Recognized across the organization for Actuarial Projection application development expertise and sought as a resource for resolution of unique or complex Actuarial Projection application development problems. Undertakes the most complex Actuarial Projection application development projects involving multiple disciplines and may impact multiple business units.Job Description
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Officer; may have 0-3 direct reports based on organizational structure; may manage/lead virtual teams.
CORE JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides direction and insight to the development and implementation of cost-effective actuarial projection application solutions by creating new and modifying existing applications that are the most complex in nature. Serves as the subject matter expert in application development and undertakes the most complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge.
2. Serves as the top-level expert in the analysis and validation of the most complex system requirements and existing business processes and information systems to ensure desirability, practicality, and resource availability and capability. Top level expert in the design, development and implementation of new programs and/or modification of existing applications. Responsible for the most advanced hardware utilization, technically complex designs, prototypes and other methodologies for new and/or existing systems including the design, development and implementation of test plans and strategies as well as program specifications with various interfaces.
3. Top level technical expert who designs and reviews, codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements the most complex software applications according to standards.
4. Serves as the top-level expert in the definition and development of specifications and programming for the most complex technical modules, applications, prototypes and computer programs.
5. Serves as the top level technical expert in all aspects of Actuarial Projection applications programming and development for multiple, large-scale projects.
6. Evaluates and provides top level technical consulting regarding solutions and strategies to the most complex application development problems. Sought as the top resource for resolution of the most advanced and complex application development problems and issues.
7. Reviews and determines the most complex user requirements, leads the most complex application design, plans projects, establishes priorities and monitors progress. Evaluates project status and resource utilization and recommends changes to improve the team's effectiveness.
8. Acts as the highest level technical programming consultant for large-scale projects that include multiple product lines and various interfaces. Serves as the top level technical programming expert for the most complex applications development projects involving multiple disciplines and impacting multiple business units.
9. Acts as a source of direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Graduate studies in computer science, management information systems, mathematics or related field is preferred. Actuarial designations or formal training in financial mathematics is desired.
Experience: Eight years of experience in programming and systems analysis. Three years of experience in project management is preferred.
Skills/Competencies: Must have the ability to analyze the most complex applications and systems. Must be able to program the most complex systems requiring minimal interfaces. Must possess strong problem-solving skills to determine the programming effects on existing systems. Must have strong decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation. Must have strong project management skills. Must have written and verbal communication skills to prepare and communicate programming plans and procedures as well as to interact with all levels within the company.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HRBP.
Valid through: 4/30/2021
$80K — $100K
3 days ago