Financial Data Developer
Our global client is a private institutional investment management complex consisting of an international team of researchers, traders and technologists who constantly work toward even greater quantification and automation in the development of its trading processes. Continuously evolving for ever-greater efficiency enables us to trade today the way others will tomorrow.
· Design and implement software to facilitate data integration withtrading and simulating systems
· Adopt new technologies to improve existing frameworks of data flow and monitoring
· Work withTrading/Research departments in designing and implementing new data sets on premises and in the cloud.
· Implement and maintain software that interface with external vendors to bring in new data sets
· Implement the rules and procedures that ensure integrity in data sets
· Provide second level support to production support team regarding market data issues
· Collect and analyze statistics on market data applications and devise approaches to improve the relevant processes
· Design and implement systems that track and manage data availability, access and usage
· Degree in a quantitative or technical discipline from top university and strong academic scores (GPA, SAT)
· Interest in applying technology to real situations, comfortable working in a fast paced environment, detail oriented and capable of performing tasks under pressure
· Demonstrated experiencewith C++ or other object oriented languages
· Experiencewithscriptinglanguages, such as Perl, Python, and shell scripting
· Interface withdatabase (such as MySQL)
· Possess strong trouble shooting abilities
· Possess effective problem-solving skills and ability to work independently or as member of a team
· Have good communication skills: must be fluent in English, spoken and written
· Have experience working under Linux environment, familiar with Vim or Emacs for editing files under the command line.