KeyLogic has an immediate need for a Financial Data Analyst in Washington, DC.
- Writing, editing, and producing resource-focused reports, summary papers, persuasive position papers,and/or briefs containing written financial analyses, textual justifications, and financial graphics describing fiscal performance related to operational outcomes, such as congressional budget justifications, budget summaries, execution position papers, and/or budget talking points for executive-level and external agency audiences.
- Using leverage data tools to analyze the Department of Energy's financial systems raw data
- Perform summary or statistical analysis on data, to interpret and report results and make recommendations and appropriate business decisions based on the results.
- Create visuals using analyzed data from data tools (i.e. Excel, Access, and other available tools)
- Conduct financial and business-related analyses and research including the preparation of forecasts and/or analysis of trends.
- Analyze operational requirements, business needs, and operational data to support the development of applications and systems.
- Collect information from other Program Offices within the Department of Energy's Fossil Energy.
- Improve current methods used in the collection of data from other parts of the company that retain the integrity and security of the information collected.
- Perform financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyze historical data, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and excel dashboards.
- Develop automated reporting/forecasting tools
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position
- Bachelor's Degree required in Business, Finance, Budget, Mathematics, Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration or very closely related field.
- 5+ years of experience with emphasis on advanced analytics using Excel, Access and other commercially available statistical based applications
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience managing budgets
- Highly analytical mindset
- Proficiency in data analysis and statistical forecasting
- Excellent mathematical aptitude
- Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst Certification (FMVA)