Financial Crimes Consultant
Our client, a global banking and financial institution is seeking a financial professional to join their Financial Crimes team, located in Toronto, Canada to work in the capacity of Financial Crimes Consultant. The chosen candidate will act as lead tester responsible for executing AML/AFT testing engagements that are part of the annual plan and also undertake issue validation work efforts. The ideal candidate will possess a depth and breadth of experience performing independent testing and monitoring activities across an assortment of business lines, legal entities and other related functions within the responsibility of the regions.
* Working to provide AML/ATF testing and risk expertise with regulatory requirements covering such areas as, but not limited to AML Program, Suspicious Transaction Reporting (STR), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs), Sanctions Screening, Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), etc.
* Development and design of testing strategies and methodologies in accordance with legislative accepted requirement specific to AML/ATF compliance, policies, procedures, and internal controls
* Execute detailed test script procedures, sampling strategies, research and obtain supporting documentation relating to the work performed and document the results of the analysis process
* Lead review activity engagements ensuring AML/ATF compliance and control testing is proficiently and efficiently performed, accurately interpret results against distinct criteria* s
* Apply expert intelligence to test and assess potential AML/ATF compliance and operational risk exposures
* Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of AML/AFT compliance requirements, policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls
* Formulate comprehensive coverage of test conclusions to ensure control adherence to AML/ATF compliance requirements
* Prepare report findings, providing sensible recommendations, proposing areas for improvement and presenting to business line stakeholders and regional management
* Lead and conduct validation testing and follow-up of Issues/Corrective Actions to monitor and assess management* s implementation of recommendations
* As lead, ensure assigned AML/ATF activity review engagements that are part of the Annual Testing Plan are delivered timely
* Provide AML/ATF testing expertise in the identification of risks, assessing of controls and reporting on effectiveness of controls to ensure compliance with federal, provincial, agency, legal, regulatory, policy and procedure requirements
* Develops a sound understanding of line of business, local, Canadian, US and any other accepted regulatory legislative expectations
Best Industry * Banking, Financial Services
Best Department * AML, Risk Management, IT Security
Bachelor* s Degree in Finance or a related discipline is required. CIA or CAMS certification is strongly preferred.
6 * 10 years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk) is required.
3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management is required.
Demonstrated understanding of AML/ATF compliance and/or risk management, policies and procedures
Strong working knowledge of audit principles including sampling methods
Knowledge of the Compliance Risk Assessment process across different lines of business is required.
Experience with compliance and operational risk systems such as GRC tools are required.
Ability to multi-task between multiple and ongoing responsibilities and assignments is required.
Proven ability in exercising independent judgment and applying prudent risk mitigation principles
Collaborative team player with business relationship building attributes
Strong communications skills (i.e. verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal) to work effectively within a team environment are required.
Ability to manage multiple priorities and switch focus efficiently is required.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.) is required.
Canadian citizens only apply.