The Data Analytics Manager role will be required to lead and execute analytical projects working closely with senior stakeholders and clients to deliver value to financial institution clients. They will be required to both lead teams of analysts and work independently on these engagements.
They will apply statistics, data profiling techniques, machine-learning techniques primarily to projects in the financial crime domain and therefore need a strong understanding of anti-money laundering and the banking industry. They will have experience and knowledge of analytical techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, and naïve bayes, nearest neighbors, LVQ, SVM, and random forest. They will also have experience of and understand model validation.
They will have a strong client delivery focus and will also work with our Consulting practice leaders to identify and pursue new target clients, build long term business relationships, grow opportunities within strategic geographies and develop analytic solutions for our financial services clients. Additionally, this individual will also support recruitment and development of a team of well-rounded analytics professionals focused on delivering best-in-class analytics solutions.
- Bachelor's and/or advanced degree with a concentration in Data Analytics; Finance; Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Statistics/Mathematics.
- 5+ years of experience within the financial services industry.
- Experience with data analysis, data validations, data integration/ETL technologies, data structures and business analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis, data integration and data validation activities with large financial services institutions.
- Experience with using statistical analysis tools such as SAS; R or python.
- Experience with Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, or other.
- Ability to lead a team on data related projects.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of banking and compliance systems.
- Demonstrated experience working within a team environment.
- Experience working in a results-driven environment within a large institution.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to provide thought leadership relevant to the interests and needs of our clients.
- Highly effective verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Strong teamwork, communication and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical, attention to detail, organizational and core project management skills.
- Possesses knowledge of the challenges for a data cleansing and integration.
- Experience with Data Integration/Business Intelligence projects within the Financial Services/Banking sector.
- Ability to work with IT and business personnel.
- Willingness to travel 60% or more annually.