Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Financial Cost/Control Analyst or Principal Financial Cost/Control Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Promontory, UT and support the Propulsion Systems business unit as part of the Launch and Missile Defense Solutions Division.
- Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:Participating in the preparation of budgets and schedules for contract work.
- Participating in the control of costs and schedules through cost schedule control system.
- Preparing internal and external customer reports.
- Assisting Managers in achieving objectives by compiling and reviewing budgets for Programs and Organizations using actual performance, previous budget figures and related workload forecasts (affordability), indirect expense analysis and other data sources for proper financial administration.
- Performing quarterly Estimate-At-Completion (EAC) with program cost control managers and Functional Managers.
- Ensuring use of approved burden/labor rates and validating Estimate-To-Complete data and ensure the accuracy of the estimates.
- Participate in Integrated Program Management (IPM) and Earned Value Management (EVM). Maintain resources and logic within the resource loaded Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Compiling quarterly EAC packages for management review.
- Audit response to external, internal, and Government auditors.
- Strategic planning and monthly OPS forecast preparation of Revenue, EBIT, Cash, and Orders.
- Weekly progress reporting and variance analysis.
- Generating working capital/cash forecasting including cost type and PBP billing and collections.
- Weekly tracking and reporting to program management and customers.
- Work with and prepare submittals to various levels of governance including internal management, customers, and government oversight agencies
- Updating and maintaining CSR system monthly used for recognition of profit and orders.
- Updating and maintaining program staffing plans and program direct base worksheets for accounting.
- Supporting proposal efforts for both customer RFP and internal activities.
- Preparing estimates that are complete and accurate with necessary justification on tasks.
- Ensuring methodologies and prepared assumptions used to derive the estimates are adequate.
- Coordinating contract closeouts.
- Contract pricing with final or interim rates, calculation of fee, analysis of cost outside of POP, and responding to audit questions from customers.
- Preparing and updating ETC, Baselines, Task Description and Basis of Estimate (TD/BOE), and establishing Performance Measurement reporting/customer reporting requirements.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
Basic Qualifications for Financial Cost/Control Analyst:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics (or a related field) with 3+ years of experience in business management - OR - a Master's degree with 1+ year of related professional experience.
Basic Qualifications for Principal Financial Cost/Control Analyst:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics (or a related field) with 6+ years of related professional experience - OR - a Master's degree with 4+ years of related professional experience.
Additional Basic qualifications for both levels:
- Experience successfully managing and producing data with strict deadlines.
- Experience with balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow.
- Experience with financial analysis and/or reporting.
- Advanced PC skills and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel.
- Advanced analytical ability.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret level security clearance. US Citizenship is a prerequisite.
Preferred Qualifications for both levels:
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience.
- Experience with CostPoint, Primavera, and/or Cobra.
- Experience in DoD setting with understanding of government Cost Accounting Standards, FAR, & DFARs.
- Experience with program planning/scheduling.
- Experience with GAAP, as well as Government Financial accounting practices.