Job Description ? Financial Controller- Unity Bunkering
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Unity Bunkering is a physical supplier of bunker fuels with locations in Mobile, Alabama and Houston, Texas. We are looking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller.
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to be a central part of a dynamic and friendly team, working for an expanding global Group. The Financial Controller will report to the Managing Director for Unity Bunkering and the Finance Manager located in Florida. There will also be interaction with the Group Financial Accounting team in the Danish Headquarter.
The successful candidate will be an experienced result-driven and commercially minded accountancy professional with a proven track record of providing comprehensive advice and effective solutions in all day to day accounting and finance matters. Broad knowledge of accounting, audit procedures, IT flair (especially Excel) and best practice approach is essential
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly accounts including deviation analysis against estimates and budgets
- Preparation of external and internal financial statements and liaison with auditors to ensure tight year end deadlines are met
- Key stakeholder in optimization projects for further improving integration and efficiency of systems in place
- Managing risk exposure on open positions and ensure hedging in line with group policies
- Ensure correct valuation and reconciliation of physical inventory on all locations
- Support and assist the account team with day to day operational matters
- Preparation of annual budgets for departments in North America
- Reviewing cash flow for reporting
- Preparation of relevant reporting to public authorities together with tax advisors and Group Indirect Tax Controller.
- Ensure reconciliation of intercompany transactions in line with Group instructions
- Journal entry preparation and preparation of monthly account reconciliations
- Maintenance of HR and admin files
- Processing of month-end accruals
- Understanding and compliance with company rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in accounting, finance, or a related field; certification such as a Certified Public Controller (CPA with natural flare for numbers
- Thrive in an international and often hectic environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and proactively anticipate the impact of workloads/issues on deadlines
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables and large excel sheets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Minimum two years of experience in a similar position
- Commodity Based Company experience or general understanding of hedging
- Working knowledge of English written and spoken
- Experience within the maritime industry and/or oil & gas sector
- Working knowledge of ERP system Microsoft Dynamics Nav
- Presentable, professional and responsible manner
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new concepts and participate in new projects
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Able to work in a hectic environment with often short and interchanging deadlines
- Outgoing, open, and social
Unity Bunkering was founded in November 2015 and is headquartered in Mobile, Alabama with operations in Mobile, Alabama and recently expanded to Houston, Texas. Unity Bunkering has established itself as one of the leading physical suppliers in the Gulf Coast and currently have ten employees.
Unity Bunkering offers an international work environment as well as an exiting position within a growing company for the right candidate. Competitive salary and benefit package.