The Financial Controller shall be responsible for providing comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points. They will guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to the current economic landscape; develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines; and achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action.
The Contract/Subcontract Manager shall also be responsible for, but not limited to, maximizing payroll efficiency through innovative process development, and helping develop and support short and long-term operational strategies.
Role and Responsibilities
The Financial Controllers roles and responsibilities are the following:
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
- In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow.
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
- Maintain contract compliance and rate structure in conjunction with DCAA / DCMA.
- Maintain favorable audit posture for internal / external audits (DCAA, GSA, 401 K).
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
- Auditing, accounting, and Corporate finance
- 5+ years’ experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Proven payroll experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes
- Exemplary history of financial project management
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- Government contracts and rate management experience, ICE reporting
- Accounting certification a plus (CPA, CMA)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 10+ years proven accounting experience.
- Able to acquire or currently have a secret security clearance.