Based on skillset and experience, this role may be filled at the Financial Specialist - Actuarial F3 level.
JOB SUMMARY: Manages and performs the development of methodologies, assumptions, qualifications, computer programs, and analytical tools, using a variety of programming languages and software. Captures and processes data for complex actuarial and financial analyses. Manages the processes to ensure that actuarial systems and databases conform to and utilize actuarial setting methodologies that produce efficient, consistent, and integrated data and analysis. Will be proficiently performing or assisting in, and potentially leading a variety of Actuarial tasks which may include: data compilation and analysis, illustrations, model development, financial reporting and analysis, pricing, risk and reinsurance analysis, reserving/valuation and other duties as assigned.Job Description
Reports to: Financial Director - Actuarial, Actuarial Manager, or other financial/actuarial management.
1. Manages the assistance and support of the compilation and categorization of data.
2. Manages the assistance and support of the illustration of products.
3. Manages the assistance and support of the building, maintenance, running, and analysis of Actuarial Models.
4. Manages the assistance and support of the financial reporting and analysis of results.
5. Manages the assistance and support of the pricing and filing of products.
6. Manages the assistance and support of the analysis and management of risks for lines of business.
7. Manages the assistance and support of the establishment of reserves and/or statutory, GAAP, & tax valuation for products.
8. Manages the assistance and support of the analysis of reinsurance opportunities and recommending solutions.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar background requiring modeling, programming, or quantitative analysis.
Experience: At least eight years of actuarial or related experience and Actuarial Council Approval.
Knowledge: Knowledge of actuarial business functions, statistical methods of analysis, company actuarial systems and databases, and their integration, technical facility with leading computer tools and technology.
Skills/Competencies: Proficient in Microsoft Office products (including VBA within Access and Excel), programming languages and likely Actuarial models. Basic level of command skills, strategic agility, delegation, motivating others, business perspective, and accounting. Proficient level of perspective, dealing with ambiguity, customer focus, drive for results, learning on the fly, and analysis. Mastery level of problem solving and leveraging system capabilities.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by: Chief Actuary and AVP, Human Resources.
Valid Through: 2019-11-12