We seek a small group of talented leaders to define and execute against a bold vision that builds on what Amazon already offers. If you have the right stuff, you’ll work among superstar engineers, product managers, marketers, business development leaders and operational wizards in a phenomenally fast?paced, rapidly evolving business. With offices in Seattle, London, Tokyo, Luxembourg, Munich and Bangalore – you will be instrumental to helping Amazon Pay grow toward a $1 trillion opportunity.
The Amazon Pay Operations Team is looking for a candidate with hands-on experience in performance management, problem identification and resolution, and long-term visioning to own and drive the financial, compliance and risk operations (FCRO) program for Amazon Pay globally. FCRO provides oversight for the flow of funds through our product and we manage our operating risks. The responsibilities include assuring that buyer claims are resolved accurately and promptly, our chargeback system works as designed, merchant disbursements take place reliably, and that we have set merchant reserve levels commensurate to risk. We also monitor and act to mitigate risks inherent in operating our business. Risks can result in falsely declined transactions, merchant quality issues, KYC and compliance, elevated fraud rates, uncollectable debts, fines, and negative reputational impact.
The person will drive the on-going operational improvements for FCRO impact and will have accountability to reduce & manage bad debt and compliance globally. You will collaborate with product managers to assess the impacts of new features on existing policies, processes and tools and design mechanisms that deliver solutions which meet our customer and financial goals while keeping a relentless focus on customer experience. You will partner closely in these areas with Amazon Pay Finance, Amazon Risk and Compliance Services (RCS), and Amazon Transaction Risk Management Systems (TRMS).
The key objectives of the role are to identify FCRO pain points, determine their root causes, and partner to build mechanisms that resolve them. The successful candidate will be an excellent analyst, communicator and influencer with the ability to drive change throughout the organization.
· Interact with management at all levels of the organization to set strategic vision and a robust controls environment.
· Raise the bar on our processes by defining the bad debt strategy, developing the program plan and associated milestones and metrics to measure success, prioritizing projects, and building and tracking monthly, quarterly and yearly project roadmaps to ensure project delivery.
· Setting direction, coaching and mentoring global FCRO team.
· Contributing to the development, management and enhancement of monitoring tools.
· Working with the Amazon TRMS and RCS teams to ensure the highest standard of bad debt detection and prevention is in place worldwide.
· Defining, tracking, reviewing and reporting of key bad debt metrics to monitor performance and benefit to the business.
Looking for candidate who has the ability to dive deep to identify root causes and develop action plans. Initiate process improvements to keep pace with explosive growth at Amazon Pay. Motivate teams to meet the challenges of a performance based culture in an extremely deadline-driven environment.
· Act as the thought leader and strategist for Amazon Pay FCRO.
· Demonstrate ability to influence, manage, and present ideas via clear written and verbal communication.
· Demonstrate emotional maturity and grace under pressure in all communications.
· Build positive productive relationships with all stakeholders.
· Understand of Lean and Six Sigma and demonstrate familiarity with technical systems.
· Drive cross functional initiatives and deal with the complexity of multiple regions.
· Possess exceptional leadership, managerial, interpersonal, analytical, data mining and project management skills.
· Drive operational efficiencies while improving customerexperience.
· Bachelor's degree.
· 10+ years of experience in audit, risk management consulting, or related client services.
· Demonstrated ability to understand risk landscape and advise business partners on innovative solutions.
· Results-oriented leader – ability to motivate, manage, and drive consensus across diverse teams.
· Exceptional organizational and project-management skills.
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills.
· Strong desire to exceed expectations.
· Ability to facilitate and influence decisions.
· An aptitude for information technology.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative field
· Experience with Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
· Ability to work across cultures effectively, valuing diversity within virtual team
· Proven experience of influencing other organizations where their support is critical to success
· Working knowledge of SQL.
Job ID: 623766