The Finance Business Partner will have responsibilities within financialreporting and analysis, and budgeting and forecasting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Financial Reporting and Analysis (75%)
- Prepares financial data for reports, meetings, and management supporting transparency and adding insights for top line volume & revenue, plus contribution margins from a global perspective.
- Supports preparations for operational reviews by gathering relevant metric information and preparing reports.
- Executes plans to meet reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Collaborates with the financial business partners, business leaders and operational accounting roles serving as a key information bridge. Example would be support for analysis of monthly results.
- Executes appropriate processes targeted at accurate and timely data management and analysis. This include both the data mining aspect of getting the right information, doing the analysis of the data, and delivering it to the business partners to use in their role with the business and functional leaders.
- Provides monthly variance analysis and signals key messages from the data.
- Outlook & Budget preparation, rollup, consolidation and reporting (includes prep-meetings and report generation).
- Supports continuous improvement of outlook and budgeting processes to allow faster response and a deeper level of analysis.
- Suggests process improvement ideas to reduce finance business process cycle times, improve financial forecast quality, and enhance information provided to leadership for business decisions.
- Utilize, assist in development and administer advanced delivery tools for reporting and information.
Budgeting and Forecasting (25%)
- Develop the annual spending budgets and quarterly forecasts for the corporate R&D departments working with the department leaders.
- Maintain Adaptive Planning software to reflect the updated projection of SG&A spending within corporate R&D.
- Assist Global Commercial Finance Manager with analysis and insight development around company-wide planning, including the development of standardized processes & analytics
- BA or BS degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in finance or accounting (Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Commercial Finance). Strong knowledge of accounting, financial analysis, and commercial finance concepts.
- Based in St. Paul, MN
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and support a collaborative working style.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills to be able to interact with other members of the team, deal with conflict effectively, document results, and present information.
- Possess excellent analytical skills to ensure accurate preparation and reporting of financial results.
- Possess strong organizational skills to plan and organize own work and meet strict deadlines.
- Self-starter with desire for continuous improvement.
- Possess excellent skills in Excel and be proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in financial systems, such as Hyperion and Adaptive Planning.