The Financial Business Analyst provides support to the local management team that may include, but is not limited to financial reporting and control, income management, debt management, submitting invoices for payment for Accounts Payable and accurately billing clients for services rendered.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses
- Perform analytical reviews of financial information to identify trends/opportunities.
- Recommend improvements to drive cost efficiencies in balance with operational needs and capabilities
- Management of financial process improvements, Key Performance Indicators and tracking of strategic initiatives
Financial Analysis / Month-End Close
- Financial: Month-end close responsibilities: month-end journal entries – focused on cost accruals, journal entries, corporate submissions, expense management, budgetary support for cost centers and ad hoc analysis.
- Complete the monthly Client Profitability Model
- Timely customer invoicing and swift payment of invoices
- Manager cost approvals
- Support continuous cost reduction efforts
- Provide P & L report validation to ensure cost and revenue is booked in same period
- Effectively communicate with employees, customers, suppliers & others on behalf of site management
- Work with Operations team to develop Budgets and Forecast for Financial performance
- Collect and confirm accuracy of all charges and expenses for a file to be billed
- Manage Accounts Payable process: coordinate purchasing and tracking of vendor invoices through the system and associated revenue accruals
- Plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company's monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Vendor management and communication to ensure competitive pricing is maintained
- Play a significant role in the accurate and timely preparation of internal financial reporting and analysis. Reporting of actual results and analysis vs. plan
- Assist operations regarding cost budgets, quarterly forecasts and other financial planning activities
- Publish periodic financial reports, including but not limited to: accounts payable, freight and consumable metrics, to provide department owners and leadership visibility to financial results
- Produce cost quotes, strategic business cases, risk assessment and other ad-hoc analysis in support of the business
- Support of various internal and external financial and system audits
- Create and disseminate various communications & reports
- Handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional, mature, discreet and secure manner
- Participate in special projects as required, including process improvement and financial tools development and implementation
- Creates or assists with the design and development of presentations
- May be expected to cross train in other administrative staff functions to support the site and contribute to associate development.
- Attend meetings as required, documentation & distribution of meeting minutes, etc.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies
- Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably within the area of Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 5 years of accounting, FP&A or finance experience is required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Candidate must possess intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (i.e. Pivot Tables, Formulas, VLOOKUP functions)
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Strong Math skills with focused attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- The candidate must possess business acumen
- The candidate must possess the ability to partner with associates at all levels of the organization
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and influencing skills are required
- This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and proven leadership skills
- The ability to work well in a dynamic environment, think creatively and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously is required
- A CPA, CMA, or other financial certification is preferred