Responsible for design and implementation of the Aptitude Accounting Hub and Rules Engine. Operate as a senior member of an integrated project team that includes internal IT staff, business SMEs, vendors, and big 4 consultants. The accounting hub will integrate with a Hadoop data warehouse via ETL processes, consuming business transactions and producing journal entries and other financial transactions. The successful candidate will be able to analyze complex business situations while providing effective technical solutions. Strong technical, analytical, communication, and work management skills are required.
- Design, develop, and implement complete, foolproof end-to-end technology solutions.
- Analyze requirements for complex systems and major projects involving multiple work groups and applications.
- Convert business requirements to technical specifications and work plans.
- Develop technical designs to fulfill complex accounting requirements.
- Code, test, and implement solutions using Object Oriented (Java/.Net) and Relational Database (Oracle / MS SQL) tools and methodologies.
- Coordinate technical projects with all relevant personnel and management.
- Be a subject matter expert for related business areas, applications, and technologies.
- Lead and mentor teams of developers and testing technicians.
- Model cross-functional business processes and enterprise data.
- Identify, recommend, and implement enterprise level technology tools and solutions.
- Design and implement testing strategies.
- Lead discussions with clients, management, co-workers, operations, technical support and vendors.
- Participate in analysis and general architectural design across platforms and work groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or technically related field, or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience.
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field with 2 years of experience is also acceptable.
- Demonstrated success in designing, developing and implementing complex technical solutions.
- Accounting software development and support, especially general ledger, account reconciliation, or insurance industry applications.
- Rules Engine development an implementation experience – Aptitude, FICO, or other.
- SQL Database design and development preferably Oracle.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented tools and techniques.
- ETL Development (Extraction, Transformation, and Loading).
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Strong technical & analytical skills.
- Team player.
- Forward thinker.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration.
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution.
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo.
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer.
- Normal office environment.
- Microsoft Office competency.