Successful engineering/construction company based out of Boise, ID is seeking seeking a detail-oriented Financial Analyst with demonstrated abilities in general ledger reconciliation, payroll and business tax reporting, and data analysis. The ideal candidate will have experience in the construction and engineering space utilizing Spectrum by Viewpoint software as well as a solid understanding of multi-state and Davis Bacon payroll reporting. This position reports directly to the Financial Controller and is integral to the successful production of accurate and timely financial compliance and reporting. Job responsibilities demand the candidate to work with a sense of urgency, organization and accountability to both team members and peers. They enjoy identifying and implementing continuous process improvement through sound process communications and by leveraging technology. Preferred location for this position is Boise, but we are open to remote work depending on experience.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts by completing monthly reconciliation report for designated accounts.
- Quickly bring reconciling items to closure through research, communication with transaction owners and journal entries.
- Support the Controller by preparing ad-hoc financial data requested by 3rd party vendors, senior management and the corporate finance team.
- Monitor and identify statutory requirements to ensure compliance in reporting and payment of taxes and licensing.
- Track purchase of fixed assets and maintain depreciation schedule.
- Complete and file state and local sales/use tax, excise tax and other required reporting.
- Provide guidance and training on accounting processes and procedures.
- Prepare audit schedules and provide other documentation requested to support annual audits.
- Help define, document and maintain internal control and process documentation.
- Act as a peer to the payroll manager for support in payroll and payroll tax compliance.
- Collaborate with various internal departments to support overall department and company goals and objectives.
- Assist with other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years experience in general ledger reconciliations and business tax filings.
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP, account reconciliation and financial statement preparation.
- Experience or knowledge of payroll process and completion of related payroll tax filings.
- Construction Industry experience, including knowledge of project accounting, Davis Bacon and Certified Payroll strongly desired.
- Excellent, proactive communication skills and professionalism with the ability to develop good working relationships and influence personnel in all departments and levels.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. Smartsheets a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and work independently.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, professionalism, and reliability.
- Willingness to take on multiple roles and responsibilities based on team needs.
- Proven capability for critical thinking and creative problem solving.
- Impeccable work ethic with the ability to still have fun.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio etc.)
- Ability to successfully follow established procedures while completing assigned tasks accurately, timely and consistently.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA a plus
EEO: McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.