The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through teamwork. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We are currently seeking a Team Lead to join our larger finance team supporting the Core Product organization. The CFO team provides critical financial advisory to the product teams in support of the business. As a leading member of this team, you will have the opportunity to deliver a unique blend of financial and operational analysis, financial modeling, reporting and senior management support for a fast-paced and pioneering technology based financial services business.We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Build and develop business relationships with senior managers and CFOs
- Provide management support for business planning, including product manager presentations to business and senior management
- Collaborate with other internal teams including accounting, operations, tax, treasury, contracts & legal
- Provide thought leadership and ensuring business principles are consistent across all areas of the organization
- Understand, maintain and develop pricing strategies and commercial models for existing and new products
- Assess and quantify the competitive landscape including analysis of market size, share and opportunity
- Provide management with critical highlights to help drive understanding of market impact on business model
- Prepare financial and operational summaries and other presentations for Executive Management
- Ensure integrity of Product and Business financial documents and maintaining general ledger hierarchy for new product codes, cost centers and business areas
- Develop analysis and metrics to measure and supervise product development achievements
- Prepare and present financial and operational packages to management
- Supervise and supporting Order to Cash process including contract structure and terms
- Detailed understanding of operational processes and systems for business units, including shared service resource allocations
- Handle client and third-party agreements, ensuring invoicing and reporting in accordance with contract terms and understanding impact of product performance to budget and forecasts
- Collaborate closely with Controller and other parties to ensure accurate and timely production and distribution of financial documents
- Find opportunities to drive efficiency in internal processes and proposing improvements where applicable
- Coach, develop and strengthen the skills of staff while delegating and reviewing work
- Handle and organize department materials including business plans and overview
We'd love to see:
- A bachelor's or higher in business administration, finance, economics, accounting or related field of study
- 10+ years of experience across a diverse set of roles in a finance and accounting capacity with a proven track record of success, in the Financial Technology markets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate sophisticated principles in a simple manner
- Ability to quantify and present business cases and solutions with and without complete datasets
- A desire to operate and develop in an ambitious, fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks, strong attention to detail
- Ability to influence senior partners where appropriate, strong interpersonal skills in order to build a network of partners across the organization
- An executive presence with the ability to influence, empower, and develop teammates and other staff
Does this sound like you?
- Background in financial services, financial technology and investment management environments
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg terminal
- Proficiency in SAP or similar systems
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.