Financial Analyst (Supporting NASA at Johnson Space Center)Belong. Connect. Grow. with KBR!
Around here, we define the future.
We are a company of innovators, thinkers, creators, explorers, volunteers, and dreamers. But we all share one goal: to improve the world responsibly and safely.***Position will be in the office although the natural flexibility for work / family life balance will be afforded in this role. Due to the nature of the role supporting MSOC, the presence in the office is REQUIRED. The position will be housed at NASA Johnson Space Center.***Job Responsibilities:
- Single support to the MSOC program
- Liaison with engineering office, ADHOC interaction.
- Assist Technical Integration Office with forecasting (daily, monthly, annually)
- Prepare Monthly Program Review (MPR) financial charts (monthly)
- Update forecasts in EPM, as required (typically monthly)
- Assist with the preparation of the annual Tech Plan for the external customer
- Prepare the Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Forecasts, controls, and reports project costs needed within an organization.
- Develops and provides project variances, trending and analysis of expenditures, and completion reports.
- Reviews project costs incurred by category, calculates future costs based on labor productivity, material price increases, subcontract, wage rates and risk analysis.
- Under direct supervision, performs routine assignments as an entry level professional in project controls.
- Uses judgment to interpret internal and external issues and develop best practices.
- May direct resources, prioritize tasks and provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- Relies upon experience, interpersonal skills, and broad knowledge of project controls to ensure task completion in compliance with policies, procedures, and business strategy.
- Develops core competencies with existing procedures by solving standard problems.
- Provide support on ongoing financial processes: budgeting, forecasting, monthly closing, and analysis reporting
- Support and prepare internal monthly reporting packages for internal presentation
- Provide and analyze monthly financials, detailed cost, and variance reports
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting
- Provide and update Headcount and Workforce Reports
- Verify submission and payment of vouchers for invoices, check requests, travel with proper accounting information
- Prepare purchase requisitions
- Review and approve Subcontractor mods
- Provide and support with miscellaneous reporting and duties
- Complete Contract Funding updates and reconciliations
- Submit Billing for each contract
- 533M monthly submit and 533Q submission as required
- Reconcile monthly actuals
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and respond quickly to requests
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible hours based on work load
- Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- SharePoint experience
- Cost Point
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- 10 years of financial analysis experience
- U.S. Citizenship is required
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
Click here to learn more: KBR BenefitsInclusion and Diversity at KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability, and our Zero Harm culture. These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to, and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of team's philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer. We Deliver - Together.
Click here to learn more: Inclusion and Diversity at KBR
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.