- Primary Purpose
- Plans, prepares, and monitors information required for budgeting, cost accounting, and financial analyses for assigned entities.
- Analyst could be involved with hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, home health, corporate or other Aurora affiliates.
- Major Responsibilities
- Plans and prepares financial and statistical analyses for new programs, projects, and services.
- Plans, prepares, communicates, and monitors financial projections including but not limited to revenue and expense statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and key financial indicators. Thoroughly understands their inter-relatedness and quickly assesses the impact of change.
- Plans and develops detailed cost accounting standards and utilizes them in financial proformas and budgeting. In addition, performs variance analyses on these standards.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of procedural prices using appropriate costing methodologies and market analyses.
- Plans, prepares, communicates, and monitors operating and capital budgets.
- Plans, prepares, communicates, and monitors benchmarking activities.
- Acts as support for all areas of budgeting, finance, cost accounting, and reporting. Counsels and recommends corrective action as needed.
- Interprets and applies the rules, regulations, and payment mechanisms of government programs and managed care companies to financial activities.
- May assist in preparing and/or providing the necessary information to complete Medicare and Medicaid cost reports.
- May act as a liaison with the Business Office to assure consistency in billing and collections practices across departments and develops recommendations or resolves issues and/or problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field.
- Required Functional Experience
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in finance and/or accounting.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates strong initiatives and produces high quality results.
- Able to perform above tasks independently.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of financial analysis required.
- Experience using various computers/software systems including Word, Windows based mainframe, database spreadsheets, and generating reports from various databases.
- The ability to learn new applications and instruct others on their use is needed.
- A thorough understanding of the various rules and regulations of government programs and their related implications.