Superior career opportunity for a Financial Analyst with a premier firm!!!
Company is seeking a Financial Analyst that will be a key player in the organization, helping shape its vision and mission through excellent financial management practices.
Why this is a great organization to join:
Client is an established firm with years of progressive growth; Great reputation in the industry; Quality work and loyal client base; Profitable; Privately owned; Strong leadership team and seasoned staff; Focused on growth; Low turnover; Fun and enjoyable work environment; Fast-paced; Team oriented.
Financial Analyst Under limited direction, the Financial Analyst conducts analysis of various financialreports to ensure budgets and quarterly forecasts are completed on a timely basis and represents management goals and expectations for the year. Key success factors to this position include the ability to perform monthly flux analysis between actual and budget, taking initiative and ownership on the tasks assigned, and a well-rounded background in Accounting and Finance.
Accountability As a skilled employee and responsible professional, the incumbent must work independently, exercise initiative and judgment in the performance of a broad range of responsibilities in an environment of routinely sensitive and confidential issues. Therefore, the employee must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of the company’s management staff, visitors and vendors.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Analyst interfaces with various internal departments and must work exceptionally well with employees of all levels.
The person in this position is responsible for embracing and utilizing available technology as communication and data gathering tools in performing complex duties for the financial planning team.
Core responsibilities include the following:
• Conducts annual capital and operations budget-related functions and ensures the integrity of budget information
• Performs general cash management and treasury function includes but not limited to the monitoring of the libor borrowing capacity, maintains records of outstanding bank borrowing including terms and repayment schedules
• Updates and modifies, when appropriate, the Company’s financialforecasting model
• Active participation in the administration of Company’s stock incentive program
• Analyze acquisitions and new business opportunities
• Performs monthly flux analysis between actual and budget
• Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliation Assists Manager and the Supervisor on the data compilation for the rate case filings and responsible for the data compilation on the quarterly audit requests
• Updates Sarbanes Oxley document and ensures control compliance; cooperates with internal and external auditors with information requested
• Works under limited supervision
• Performs other duties as assigned
QUALITIES OF A SUCCESSFUL ANALYST IN THIS POSITION
• Flexible, logical, accountable, approachable, and passionate about work
• Maintains positive team-building role during pressure-filled, deadline-driven crunch times
• High degree of initiative; self-starter
• Communicates with accuracy and precision in writing and speaking
• High degree of confidentiality required
• Trustworthy; strong personal integrity; emotional maturity
• Demonstrates high level of accountability and ownership
• Executes with discipline and urgency
• Collaborative/Team oriented Other
• Proficiently uses technology and re-evaluates processes to increase efficiency, accuracy and appropriate level of documentation through the skilled application of technology tools; must be proficient in MS Excel, able to work independently and synthesize large amounts of information.
• Organized with strong attention to detail and time management skills
• Exhibits professionalism with internal and external contacts
• Possesses strong organizational/multi-tasking and project-planning skills
• Able to conduct and carries job functions with minimum supervision
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economic, Finance, and Accounting or related discipline or seven years of progressively responsibleexperience in cash management, contract management or financial analysis
• Four plus years of related experience in Accounting/Finance
• Ability to read and analyze financialreports and present information and respond to questions from internal/external auditors
• Advanced computer skills
• Ability to effectively communicate and establish working relationships with other departments and personnel