Financial Analyst - Projects
The successful candidate will have cost engineering experience with complex, multi-phase, multi-million-dollar construction projects. The general job duties include: Gathers cost data and prepares reports. Provides analysis and review of project cost & budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and track project budgets for Capital Improvement Program consisting of multiple large projects
- Compile accurate project financial performance data to include commitments and actual spend information
- Review and analyze project coding on project invoices to ensure proper accounting and cost tacking.
- Ensure that both commitments and expenditures are captured properly to reflect accurate cost performance information.
- Assist project managers to establish estimate and report forecasts.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Monthly Forecasting, Invoicing, and Cost Reporting
- Attend project meeting on an as needed basis to provide project management with current project financial performance
- Monitor detailed construction project cost and cash flowreports developed by CMA.
- Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
- Promptly reports anticipated cost deviations from the baseline spend plan.
- Assist the project manager to perform financial project closeouts
- Proficient in MS office suite software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- SAP a plus
- BS/BA in Business Management or like degree
- Five (5) years of Project cost control experience including cash flowforecasting and analysis
- Experience with Project Controls concepts – project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling, and closeout
- Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the cost components of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel.
- Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.