With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.Job Description POSITION SUMMARY
The Financial Analyst will assist the Controller with day-to-day analyzes of departmental fiscal data, programs and operations. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the preparation of Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly operational review reporting packages. Duties include general preparation of Quarterly rolling forecast, spending analysis, variance analysis and assisting in annual bottoms up budget preparation. This position will work from either PB Fasteners (Gardena, CA) or AIC (Garden Grove location)RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS/CHARACTERISTICS
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the company's performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates distributed for use by all of Finance within the Division or PCC and ensure quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
- Responsible for day-today review and reconciliation daily flex to ensure accuracy and proper Accounting treatments.
- Taking ownership of preparation of the Weekly Operation review reporting packages which include weekly financial close, analysis and recovery to the Quarterly targets.
- Perform monthly changes in financial position/budget variance analysis and rolling forecasts within the Quarter.
- Research and help resolve anomalies for departmental spending and assist department managers with explanation and cost containment.
- Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed and Investigate and report to the Controller any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance projects as assigned.
- Support capital purchase analysis and its return on investment for project submitted.
- Annually assist Controller with bottoms up budget preparation by department, budget flash/proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justifications.
- Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to assist Controller provide practical counsel to business area managers and the plant General Manager in order to drive business results.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of Accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
- Identify non-value added processes within the department and seeks solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS or BA in Accounting or Finance. Minimum of 2 years Accounting/Finance experience in a manufacturing environment. Prefer experience as a Financial Analyst at a publicly traded company.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Exceptional analytical abilities and understanding of Accounting and Finance issues in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and profitability and variance analysis.
- A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker with solid problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation vs. simple reporting.
- Solid, overall business acumen and a strong mindset for continuous improvement.
- Attention to detail and an attitude of 100% compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Work requires verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to produce quality works within tight timeframes and simultaneously manages several projects in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems. Financial modeling expertise a plus
- Strong work ethic with a positive can-do attitude. Strong presence with ability to interact with Senior Leadership.
- High energy level and ability to work flexible hours.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For informational purposes only, the range of pay for this role is $71700 to $107500 US Dollar (USD) Salaried based on a variety of factors. For informational purposes only, this role is eligible to participate in the Company's Quarterly Cash Bonus Plan, paid out at the quarterly bonus factor of 2X the Company's bonus multiple, based on the Company's performance in the applicable quarter. Employees will receive 120 hours paid time off every year. Employees will also receive 10 paid holidays. Employees (and their families) are eligible to participate in the company's medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are eligible to enroll in the Company's 401(k) plan.