PADI, the global leader in Scuba Diver Training, is searching for a full-time FINANCIAL ANALYST at our corporate headquarters in Rancho Santa Margarita, California. PADI offers its employees a unique culture centered around an active lifestyle, fun and hardworking colleagues, interesting work, competitive salary and outstanding benefits. We are an amazing company searching for amazing people to join our team!
Reporting to the Manager, FP&A of PADI Worldwide, the Financial Analyst will provide critical support and analysis to the Finance Manager in the areas of Business Planning (Forecasts & Budgets), Financial Modeling, Business Intelligence, and Data Analysis. The candidate identified for this position will help serve a role in ensuring the Company meets its profitability targets and strategic objectives.
What You Will Do
- Support, analyze, and assist in the preparation, consolidation and review of the Company’s annual operatingbudgetand quarterly forecasts including:
- Detailed support and analysis of Revenue, Gross Margin and KPIs
- Maintain and enhance budget/forecast submissions templates
- Maintain and enhance budget/forecast consolidation models and Powerpoint presentations
- Monthly analysis and review of the Company’s actualfinancial and KPI results compared to the annual operatingbudget, forecasts and prioryear to identify and develop explanations for key variances and to identify favorable or unfavorable trends
- Detailed support for variance analysis using Tableau and other systems
- Maintain and enhance monthly reporting package including detailed analysis and explanations of the sales/margin and KPI results compared to the annual operating budget, forecast and prior year.
- Maintain and enhance Month End Reporting packages
- Prepare and distribute a variety of Month End Reports
- Provide support for all Ad Hoc projects and analysis
- Provide detailed analysis of Sales, Gross Margin and KPIs.
- Continually evaluate, challenge, improve efficiency, and financial transparency
- Deep analytics identifying business drivers and trends
- Create and maintain Tableau Dashboards, ScoreCards, Key Performance Indicators and reports, collaborating with business stakeholders to understand reporting and data requirements
- Assist in Training and Application Support for all Tableau user community
- Support multiple Ad Hoc projects as the business or Tableau user communities require
- Assist in research, troubleshoot and solve problems associated with data warehouse and automated reports
- Assist in supporting the planning, execution, and continuous improvement of the data warehouse
- Assist in monitoring, coordination of periodic system audits and testing partnering with IT to maintain data integrity within systems
- Assist in data validation of data warehouse
In addition to the above, the Financial Analyst may be required to perform additional financial and operational analysis and ad hoc reporting as the business requires from time-to-time.
Skills and Experience You’ll Need to Be Successful In This Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in related functions
- Experience working in consolidation for a multi-national company including experienceworking with foreign currencies and the translation of these currencies required
- Financial modeling including detailed sales and margin models experiencerequired
- Experience working with multiple systems, Tableau/PowerBI and HOST Analytics preferred
- Best-in-Class Excel skills including the use of complex formulas (visual basic skills a plus)
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Self driven and independently motivated
Founded in 1966, PADI has grown consistently through our 53 years in business, continually raising the bar for the industry we are all so passionate about. We know who we are as a company but never let that hold us back from reinventing ourselves and keeping our mission modern and relevant. One thing that stays consistent is our mission to be “The Way the World Learns to Dive”. PADI has certified over 27 million divers during our history, an achievement no other scuba diving agency can claim.
PADI strives to create a work environment that respects individual contribution while maintaining a strong team approach for successful execution of business objectives. The executive team believes in a work-life balance that enables employees to meet their personal and family needs with flexible hours and an extensive benefits plan.