We are charting the course for the next-generation chemical company. We may be a new company, but our roots are more than a century old, dating back to the creation of Bakelite. We saw then what we see now: The boundless possibilities of science and curiosity. Our innovations include Bakelite, Durite, Cellobond and Resonance. From trains to planes to everyday household items, we are improving thousands of products around the world today. Like the lightweight plastic, Bakelite is strong, durable, and its potential allows for its future to be molded into infinite shapes – and we’re looking for talented and passionate people to help us create that future and the products that will change the world tomorrow.
This exciting opportunity is part of Bakelite
- Performs closing tasks referring to:
- Inventory reserves
- Statistical key figures update
- Other adjustments required in order to reflect costs and assets in an accurate manner
- Performs analysis on costs/assets and check the correctness of what reported in P&L and BS of the assigned countries.
- Assists in Sarbanes-Oxley 404 ongoing compliance.
- Prepares reporting and analysis for the respective countries for different purposes:
- Sites management team reviews
- S&OPs meetings
- Global reporting on manufacturing costs
- Global reporting on SG&A (/Corporate) costs
- Auditors documentation
- Other Business meetings
- Prepares Budget and Forecast for manufacturing and SG&A (/Corporate) functions on the basis of:
- Cost centers owners inputs
- Assumptions given by the Global FP&A Manager-Operations & Corporate (or FP&A Manager-Operations & SG&A)
- Assumptions received from the VP/Senior Director of FP&A
- Ensures financial validation of productivity projects.
- Grants proper financial planning and control of CAPEX.
- Strategic Focus and Directions:
- Customers focus: Works with internal customers to understand and meet their needs
- Furthering Business Knowledge: continuously develop the knowledge in Finance function and industry with a strong business acumen.
- Trust and teamwork:
- Collaborating Inclusively: is effective in developing strong interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization
- Communicating Effectively: Uses communication skills that enhance teamwork (listens, open, honest, timely, direct)
- Personal Leadership:
- Challenging: Constructively challenges the process to drive improvement
- Inspiring: gains confidence, respect and trust; consistently demonstrating commitments, and focus.
- Achieve Business Results:
- Execution: achieves results in a manner consistent with the Core Values, developing a personal sense of urgency, focusing on the most important priorities.
- Making fact based decisions: gathers and uses relevant analytics and data to be provided as support of the decision process.
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel modeling capabilities including working with downloaded SAP and BW/BI data through filters, pivot tables & reference tools.
- Detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex data.
- Strong sense of ownership / responsibility; pro-active in identifying process and tools improvement.
- Analytical and problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with different representatives.
- Master degree in Business and Administration (or similar).