- Contract-to-Hire, 12months
- Degree or equivalent experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related business field or equivalent technical training and 7+ years of demonstrated progressively responsible work experience in accounting.
- Position requires an excellent working knowledge of Accounting – Cost and Financial.
- Excellent organizational, leadership and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong sense of initiative.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member. Requires adaptability/flexibility to lead multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast paced/rapidly changing and quality oriented environment. Strong customer focused orientation. Must be professional in demeanor and appearance.
- Maintain highly sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Extensive experience with Federal Contracting Regulations.
- Solid PC background and extensive knowledge of mainframe host computer and client/server system functions.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
- Strong knowledge of financial systems and processes.
- Strong knowledge of FEP Government and Medicare contracting knowledge (FAR).
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and STAT accounting rules.
- CPA licensure and/or MBA.
- Expertise in cost accounting allocations and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Experience with Oracle Financial and Hyperion applications.
- Leads the planning and scheduling of work responsibilities in support of labor/work effort time reporting, development of cost allocationstatistics and methodologies, review of cost allocation assignment of vendor trade payables and associate expenses, monthly administrative cost allocation development/Grid closure and development of cost reports.
- Provides a team leadership role and hands-on performance in the completion/closure of monthly administrative cost, including labor/expense allocations; review of cost center business purpose narratives and statistical data for cost allocation justification; analysis of cost /financial standard and ad hoc reports generated; collaboration and frequent contact with staff throughout the Plan to ensure deadlines are reasonable and met; to retain the insight necessary to assure that reliable cost data is collected and that staff members are educated on cost allocation/accounting and its impact to their areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates, reviews and analyzes cost accounting data to ensure compliance with applicable corporate policies, federal/state government regulations, GAAP and internal Guidelines.
- Responsible for integrity of data in the Cost Accounting System.
- Ensures cost accounting process changes and financial system processes are in compliance with government rules and regulations.
- Assists in documenting and maintaining records in support of internal and external audits/reviews.
- Recommends, implements and documents changes to accounting workflow and controls when appropriate.
- Ensuring proper cost allocations in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) tracking and reporting requirements.
- Directs Cost Development staff, conducts inhouse training sessions, provides guidance, support and feedback consistent with Department goals, work requirements and HR policies and practices in order for staff to complete job assignments effectively, efficiently, at a high productivity and quality level and in a timely manner. Assists in interviewing and hiring selected applicants for positions in Cost Accounting.
- Provides input in the completion of performance and promotion reviews for personnel, and in disciplinary matters.
- Leads and coordinates the planning, design, implementation, development of functional specifications and testing of new or upgraded accounting packages purchased externally or developed internally.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of accounting software applications (i.e., cost accounting, time reporting, etc.).