We are seeking a Financial Analyst to work in NPD’s Global Contract Office. The Global Contract Office is responsible for increasing revenues by partnering with Commercial Leaders on strategic client contract pricing, bundling, positioning and negotiations.
The Financial Analyst will analyze and review strategic client contracts and will perform median price analysis and other valuation analysis to identify price improvement opportunities. She/he will prepare the internal review pack together with Commercial teams which is used as the foundation of all strategic client proposal internal reviews. She/he will keep current the Contract Office scorecard and participate in ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis.
This position reports directly into the Vice President of the Global Contract Office.
She/he will bring to bear a combination of business acumen, strong financial & analytical skills as well as strong communication skills to contribute to the success of the Global Contract Office.
This position will be based in Port Washington, NY.
- Review client contracts and summarize financial terms in internal proposal review pack.
- Perform rate card analysis on client’s contracts to identify potential for price increases.
- Perform average annual total client spend analysis by product to gain insight on potential future spend by client.
- Conduct “median price” analysis and other valuation analysis on products and categories to identify for price improvement opportunities.
- Assist in the development of effective value driven pricing and bundling strategies and structures on client proposals.
- Review executed contracts to ensure consistency with agreed final terms and conditions.
- Pro-actively and accurately update the Contract Office score-card.
- Keep current, list of strategic clients with contract expiration dates.
- Participate in the ongoing development of the internal review pack.
- Work on ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or Economics. MBA a plus. Candidates should have 4-6 years of combined experience with time spent in, Financial Planning & Analysis, Finance or Pricing.
- Very strong and proven analytical and qualitative skills. Must be able to proactively engage financial data to gain meaningful strategic insights & make recommendations.
- Experience with proposal structuring (financial & business terms) & value based pricing a plus.
- Detailed oriented & a stickler for accuracy.
- An inquisitive individual who can effectively navigate through the organization to obtain necessary insights.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, cross country with diverse groups and areas of expertise.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills a must (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Experience with Salesforce and large databases a plus.