Role Description & Responsibilities:
This financial analyst is responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting, and analysis in a professional team environment. The analyst must also be able to successfully engage in individual and team settings to drive synergy and results.
- Partner with program management, and cost-account managers (CAM's) to establish program cost control, prepare monthly estimate at complete analysis (EAC's) and enable forecast accuracy across financial metrics (sales, ROS, and cash) on a variety of small, medium and/or large sized fixed-price and/or cost-type programs
- Monitor and report on program funding to ensure that limits are not exceeded
- Assist program teams with developing work breakdown structures (WBS) and inventory abbreviations.
- Develop, monitor, and report on program budgets at the work order and GLC level on a weekly and monthly basis
- Prepare high fidelity proposal estimates utilizing past program performance
- Work with customer or DCAA on fact-finding negotiations for flexibly priced contracts
- Support preparation of ad-hoc business requests (resource planning, financial reviews, program working capital reviews, etc.)
- Support internal and external audits of programs
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 6 years of financial analyst experience within an aerospace/government contracting environment.
- Self-starter, motivated, results orientated professional that can analyze data, develop options, and communicate recommendations to program and senior management teams
- Ability to achieve results through prioritization, identification and implementation of improvements, and collaboration skills
- Experience with developing proposal estimates, cost volumes, and working with DCAA on proposal audits
- Strong understanding and familiarization with Federal Acquisition Regulations, Cost Accounting Standards, as well as Government Accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Policies (GAAP) and Procedures
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- Experience with multiple contract types (Cost Plus Fixed Fees/Cost Plus Incentive Fees, Cost Plus Award Fees, Firm Fixed Price/Firm Price Incentive Fee) desired
- Exposure and experience with Earned Value Management is a plus
- Familiarity with Enterprise Systems: Deltek Costpoint, IBM Cognos and IBM Tables Manager 1 (TM1)