We are looking for Financial Analyst for our client in Louisville, KY
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Location: Louisville, KY
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Under general supervision, performs analysis functions as related to the financial requirements of the RDC network and clients. This position supports the Home Office and local management on identifying opportunities to maximize the profitability of the RDC and identify the impact of business changes.
- This position serves as a liaison to the Home Office financial team and does not constitute a departure from the home office responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Acts as a liaison to Home Office Finance team and assists with the accounting and analysis functions that support the compilation of accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements and the development and enhancement of management and client reporting.
- Supports financialbusiness plans and forecasts, reviews monthly results, researches variances to plans, and communicates to management.
- Utilizing standardized company practices; performs detailed, complex financial analysis and cost studies in support of customer/client proposals, contracts and profitability analysis.
- Partners with Sales, Home Office, Regional, Area and DC leaders to deliver expected return on investment for the Regional Distribution Center.
- Partner with the Home Office Financial Team and RDC leadership to manage the annual budget process, quarterly forecasting and long term strategic planning process for all the RDC and client customers.
- Coordinate the monthly preparation of the client management business reviews.
- Prepare reporting and promote results to Area Leadership and Home Office Finance, including responses to requests for analysis
- Identify and understand significant issues and proactively communicate them.
- Work with the business functions within the Region to evaluate the financial implications of decisions and to effectively analyze the impact on the forecasts. Perform research and analysis to provide management with both financial and non-financial data and recommendations for use in setting and realizing profit objectives and to determine present and future financial performance.
- Partners with Home Office to ensure Standardized Reporting initiative is meeting the needs of the field leadership team to continually refine and build financial and statistical reports/ models to analyze the business performance and import the forecasting process.
- Other projects as determined by the business need and/or management.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar required. MBA or CPApreferred.
- Minimum three years in finance, analysis and planning roles required.
- Five to seven years of related experience in a position of similar scope and impact is required; Public Accountingexperience is a plus. Experience working in 3PL (Third Party Logistics) or warehouse environment preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have strong accounting technical background (GAAP).
- Must have proven financial analysis skills including a knowledge of financialbusiness plans and processes.
- Ability to assess needs, identify issues, recommend alternatives and implement change.
- Ability to manage and implement complex financial projects.
- Strong ability and experience managing and performing multiple concurrent tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills ? able to communicate financial concepts to non-financial audiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of financialprocesses and systems.
- Ability to plan and coordinate completion of tasks in a multi-deadline environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations required.
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Experienced in financial management (P&L's, balance sheets, forecasting and budgets) to effectuate return on investment required.
- Excellent planning, time management, collaboration, decision making, organization, presentation and negotiating skills required.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving though use of data and information metrics and improvement to performance process required.
- Proficient in project management methodologies with a focus on managing solution driven strategy plans to achieve goals required.
- Manage complex or emotional customer situations promptly and professionally meeting commitments for service and assistance required.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization required.
- Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team and facilitates the completion of team goals required.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds required.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public required.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & WORK AIDS:
- General office equipment including a PC.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
- Inside working conditions.
- No environmental hazards indicated for this classification.
- Fingers: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Visual Acuity: Closely viewing in order to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.