Jacobs is seeking a Financial Analyst in Herndon, VA. Duties of this role include:
- Provide billing analysis, financial analysis, and administrative support to multiple projects including T&M, Cost Plus and FFP projects.
- Responsible for creation and analysis of complex invoices for a government customer.
- Prepare invoice backup to be submitted to the government in standard, customer defined formats.
- Must be familiar with applying indirect rates to direct costs to ensure that costs accurately flow through the accounting system to the invoice.
- Must have an understanding of Cost Plus, Fixed Price and Pass Thru contract types.
- Provide analytical review, feedback and recommendations to the Program and Project Managers they support
- Support the program/project and billing managers, working with the project control team, and is responsible for reporting on the financial health of the project by: analyzing costs, revenue, risks, and pricing of a particular project or program
- Understand basic government contract structures, track and manage contract mods and funding lines to coincide with budgets and billings
- Interact informally (phone/email) and formally (program/progress reviews) with stakeholders to provide clear picture of contract financial performance, including company Director of Finance, Division Managers, Program Managers, other Executives, and employees; Corporate Finance, Contracts and Human Resources; and potentially Customer Program Managers
- Collect, assemble and conduct quality assurance of monthly deliverables, invoices and supporting documents
- Work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be an independent self-starter, highly detailed and deadline orientated.
- Expected to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Should demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions to complex issues
- Should be able to analyze information from across multiple databases and tools to provide accurate reporting and monthly deliverables.
- Secret Clearance is preferred but not required.
- BA or BS degree in the appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience. Similar working level obtained through relevant job experience may be accepted in lieu of degree level education. Greater than 10 years related documented experience if no degree performing a combination of Financial and Control Analyst Functions.
- Documented high degree of proficiency with MS Office Suite, web-based applications and databases (specifically Excel).
- Excellent communication skills (Written and oral); able to effectively interact with associates at all levels.
- Understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9XXX.
- Strong understanding of timekeeping and financial management systems, DELTEK/ CostPoint /COGNOS financial managements
- Basic understanding of Program and Project Management Principles
- Basic understanding of procurement processes
- Detail oriented and efficient Multi-Tasker
- Ability to learn new tasks and concepts quickly while in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Self-Motivated Team Player but able to work independently
- Former DoD experience (military or civilian) highly desired
- Worked in Project Management - principled environment is a plus
- Business Finance and Accounting Professional credentials are a plus
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.