Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Financial Analyst IV to support our Global Operations business. The Financial Analyst IV will be responsible for various accounting, analysis, reporting and budgeting support for the Global Sourcing and Materials Management & Logistics groups. General responsibilities also include participation in value-added projects, consolidated financial reporting and presentation of data, as well as other ad hoc projects outside of manufacturing.
- Assist in Global Operations Finance activities with respect to annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and variance analysis of Milford based Global Sourcing and Materials Management & Logistics groups
- Adhere to the timely completion of the monthly closing process including journal entries and reconciliations
- Develop and analyze internal reporting of operations performance, to proactively drive improved business results. Could include both manufacturing and non-manufacturing projects and analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of business cases such as Make vs. Buy analysis, capital appropriation requests, material savings and efficiency improvement projects
- Assist in the development and implementation of cost reduction initiatives working with Operations Management
- Other ad-hoc reporting and projects as required
- The candidate should possess a BS in Finance/Accounting or related field of study.
- A minimum of 6 years of accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong cost accounting knowledge
- Expert proficiency in Excel including pivot tables, lookups and other advanced functions
- Experienced using an enterprise wide business system – SAP preferred
- A self starter who can initiate and complete projects
- Possess excellent analytical and communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with all levels within the organization