The position will be that of the plant controller, providing business decision support to key internal customers and would have responsibility for preparing monthly forecasts, annual budget, and inputs to the long-term strategic plan. The Financial Analyst III will also have responsibility for general ledger functions including, but not limited to, inventory accounting, capital expenditure and fixed asset accounting, and manufacturing cost accounting in support of the production operation. This position will also interface with the Senior Finance and Business Unit management teams and will be based in our Fairview, NC manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
The ideal candidate is highly motivated and action oriented with a minimum of 3-4 yrs. experience. Other requirements include:
- Prior operations and/or cost accounting experienced preferred, but not required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business management and/ or finance (MBA and/or CPApreferred but not required).
- Functional experience with integrated ERP systems like SAP.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to apply strategic thinking across the knowledge base of financial theory, principles and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both lateral and vertical.
On-going activities include, but are not limited to:
- Forecasting, budgeting, month end close, and variance analysis.
- Identification of risks and opportunities, and complete understanding of significant cost drivers
- Partner across functions within the plants to drive cost savings initiatives (conversion and materials productivity).
- Financial analysis of significant investments such as capital to fund increases in capacity or new product development (e.g. discounted cash flow analysis).
- Develop regular concise executive report deck with recommendations for process improvement, productivity, efficiencies, etc.
- Support Management Team with Labor and Efficiency Analyses and other ad hoc analysis as required
- Oversight of monthly financial closing and reporting activities in a full general ledger environment.