$80K — $100K *
This position is responsible for analyzing investment/cash activity across all members and improving financial reporting for the A&M System. The tasks include providing support to all System members plus internal departments. This position will work with the Controller and Executive Director of Budgets and Accounting.
- Perform monthly tasks related to the A&M System's cash and investments, including review investment and banking tasks for the System and all members and complete monthly investment analysis for cash flow statement.
- Analyze centralized payroll/benefit processes including retirement contributions and insurance benefits, implement changes to these processes and assist members with questions.
- Research upcoming accounting standards and the impact to the A&M System and various accounting system upgrades and participate in GASB field studies for new accounting standards, i.e., new reporting model.
- Participate or lead working groups to analyze accounting changes, prepare white papers summarizing accounting changes, and assist with updating the System regulations and policies.
- Coordinate the AFR season tasks for the A&M System team and the A&M members and perform desk reviews of the A&M member's AFRs.
- Work with the actuary for the OPEB calculation and post these entries at the System Office level.
- Review year-end investment balances provided to A&M members and post investment elimination entries.
- Assist in the preparation of the consolidated AFR, review the consolidated note disclosure and submit to management for final review.
- Update the Comptroller's Office AFR web applications, upload the AFR values in USAS and prepare the USAS fluctuation.
- Update the AFR module or new AFR software for reporting changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years or more in an accounting related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze and summarize financial information. Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Strong problem solving abilities.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business.
- Experience with university or governmental entity fiscal offices.
- Certified Public Accountant
Valid through: 4/10/2021