Supports the Financial Planning and Analysis function including budgets, forecasting, reporting, analytics, automation. This position will have a focus on department budgets and forecasts as well as indirect rate development and rate performance monitoring.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Annual budget preparation, provisional billing rates and forward pricing rate development.
- Work closely with stakeholders to accurately budget and forecast financial performance.
- Properly assess the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial performance of programs, indirect departments, and service centers compared to established goals and objectives.
- Compile detailed financial reports using calculations, data, and other information.
- Identify and research key variances and create financial action plans.
- Monitor indirect rates, analyze and identify opportunities to mitigate risks.
- Work with and secure highly sensitive and confidential financial data and information.
- Other related ad hoc requests as required.
Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance. Master's degree preferred.
- Eight years of experience in progressively responsible positions in Finance and Accounting.
- A high level of knowledge in the use of financial software systems is required. Knowledge of GAAP, CAS and FAR is highly desirable.
- Advance experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and other automated accounting systems.
- Understand database structures and data mining.
- Ability to perform research and compile reports.
- Ability to plan and track budgets.
- Advanced computational skills.
- Experience forecasting and analyzing data.
- Extensive experience in finance and accounting.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.