This position is responsible for working with business unit leaders on forecasting and variance analysis, preparing business unit reporting, and problem solving
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Financial forecasting and modeling
- Proven problem solving abilities
- Variance analysis
- Data collection, organization, and analysis on income statement components (revenue, losses, taxes, expenses)
- Special projects as assigned
- Assist Finance Manager/Director with:
- Strategic analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual revenue, expenses
- Proactive recommendations to senior management based on analyses
- Production of financialreporting packages
- Otherfinancial related analyses
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 5years Finance and/or Strategy experience with a BA in Finance or related study. MBA 2 yrs experience in Finance and/or Strategy preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with financial models.
- Above average interpersonal communication skills needed to interact with senior management.
- Experience in various financial roles with strong analytical capabilities.
- Experience working with general ledgers (Oracle preferred).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to analyze financial statements.
- Insurance industry experience a plus.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Hyperion Planning and Essbase.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects and complete in required time frame.
- Demonstrated ability to work well on a team and lead teams in other functions.
- Ability to adapt well to a changing environment.
- Attention to detail.