Harris Corporation is a leadingtechnology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
- Provide financial support to Engineering teams for forecasting and reporting on IR&D and EAID projects. Perform adhoc financial research and analysis of project spend as required. Lead monthly financial review meetings with assigned teams and act as business partner for same with the goal of assisting in meeting Engineering IR&D and EAID financial targets.
- Support department manpower requirements.
- Work with teams to set up and perform Interdivisional transactions.
- Provide IR&D Project Scoring and Performance Indicator support.
- Assist with updates/improvements and maintenance of departmental tracking spreadsheets and databases.
- Update and manage the Outsourcing Tracker and run the monthly review meeting with the Subcontracts group to ensure forecast accuracy.
- Provide support to achieve financial targets with respect to Staff Augmentation and Subcontracts.
- Provide Earned Value Management (EVM) support for major IR&D projects as required.
- BS/BA required with 6+ years of related experience in an accounting or finance position that include aspects of financial research and analysis of project spend and forecasting and reporting. MBA preferred with 4+ years of related experience in an accounting or finance position that include aspects of financial research and analysis of project spend and forecasting and reporting.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- PeopleSoft, Oracle and Access
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter who works well in a team environment
- Strong organizational and computer skills (Microsoft Suite)
- Flexibility in an evolving organization
- Demonstrated ability to identify and execute continuous process improvement opportunities
- Advanced Excel skills including macros/pivot tables