The Financial Analyst's objective is to provide support in Guardian's project portfolio financials throughout the year by performing research, analysis, reporting and communication.
This role reports to the Director, Agile Finance Transformation who, in turn, reports to the Second Vice President, Head of Financial Planning & Analysis-Technology & Shared Services
- Transformation of the enterprise's project portfolio financials.
- Maintain a centralized view of our enterprise portfolio financials.
- Analyses and reporting, including overall portfolio statistics; summaries by strategic category, spend type, financial benefit realizations, sponsoring organization, Technology and Business views.
- Increase visibility and build out of financial benefit reporting.
- Assist teams with their inputs to, and coordination of, project spend forecasts; comparisons to actuals.
- Liaise with respective PMO & FP&A organizations enterprise wide on a regular basis.
- Obtain transparency around their portfolio investments.
- Provide assistance into portfolio financial questions.
- Bring reporting content up to consistent standards and maintain those standards.
- Obtain planned portfolio spend.
- Project portfolio financials quality control
- Ensure consistency across the enterprise in portfolio financials.
- Oversight of portfolio financials.
- Capital Allocation Planning
- Assist with centralization and verification of lean business cases.
- Prepare and analyze materials for Capital Review Board.
- Liaise with respective FP&A organizations.
- Agile transformation assistance
- Platform tool support. Assist in selection, planning, implementing, and rolling out financial capabilities in new portfolio management tool.
- Drive and promote Agile principles within Finance organization.
- Thoughtful and business-informed analyses of data
- Provide business insight to CFO Enterprise Operations, Technology & Initiatives and other FP&A team members.
- Organizational projects/initiatives.
- Prepare financial summaries with detailed and insightful analytics.
- Analyze key performance indicators.
- Work with other Finance team members in supplying inputs for official reforecasts and apprising them of other portfolio financial updates.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to create professional reports / analyses and present to senior leadership
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and support multiple business partners
- Ability to be a trusted business partner
- Strong Excel skills (macros, V-lookups, etc.)
- Willingness to learn and grow on the job
- Ability to make suggestions to management based on analysis
- Ability to work independently
- 5-7 years of finance/accounting experience
- SAFe Agile, project management and/or PMO experience a plus (knowledge of project funding processes, project accounting, and project tracking helpful).
- Strong knowledge of financial analytics
- Insurance industry experience a plus but not required
- Experiences using Apptio, Clarity PPM, Smartview and PeopleSoft a plus but not required
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work additional hours during peak sessions