Gryphon Technologies is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring today’s U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Gryphon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Gryphon is seeking a talented Mid-Level Financial Analyst to join our team.
telecommunting / remote option available
This position will perform financial analysis and reporting in order to monitor contracts associated with business operations.
- Extensive experience in program control & reporting to include delivery of contract-level financial support and analysis (project accounting, project planning, ETCs, etc.).
- Knowledge and understanding of project set-up methods and an appreciation of the implications set-up may have downstream.
- Operate in an environment of continuous improvement to include identification, development and creation of opportunities for enhanced business processes in order to maximize customer satisfaction, accuracy and efficiency in all processes.
Develops budgets for assigned contracts and tracks performance to budgets.
- Creates, maintains, and updates financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
- Collects and reviews financial data from various sources.
- Review cost projections for accuracy.
- Building cost estimates and preparing Estimates to Complete.
- Review of contract funding levels for the need for limitation of funds notifications and risk authorizations
- Analyzes assigned contracts’ projected staff hours, contract totals, revenues, and profit totals, processing corrections as needed.
- Assess prior year performance to project future spending needs.
- Prepare presentations and reports to communicate financial policy and status.
- Supports assigned managers in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
- Interfaces with Project Managers, Contracts, Senior Technical Personnel, and Senior Management.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and minimum of five years’ experience in finance/accounting with a government contractor
- Experience with program cost/schedule control
- Skilled in MS Office Suite of tools, with an intermediate to advanced skill level in Excel is required
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Must be organized, self-motivated and able to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Must be able to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines, handle multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player, independent, proactive, possess excellent problem-solving skills, organizational skills and maintain attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of Costpoint Accounting System is preferred
- Thorough understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Cost Accounting Standards Board (CASB) and other applicable government regulations is preferred
- Experience with government eCraft reporting is preferred.
One must have good written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team. A Secret security clearance will be required. U.S. Citizenship required.