General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Analyst to join the Program Finance division of our Financial Services group at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems located in Poway, Ca. Under limited direction, this position is responsible for establishing profit center revenue, cost of sales, gross margin, discretionary spending through profit (loss) and cost center cost, base, and rate budgets. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, with the capacity to provide ad hoc reporting and analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares a variety of actual vs. budgetreports for profit and cost center managers including financial and variance analyses and recommendations for corrective action(s) and specifies new reports for production from the company's ERP system.
- Performs special economic evaluations, business and cost impact analyses, and cash forecasting.
- Works closely with program managers, profit center managers, and cost center managers in planning and budgeting work, tracking actual incurred spending, anticipated to go spending, and expected profit margins.
- Prepares contract and funding status/backlog reports, project performance reports, and monitors any at risk spending.
- Updates and maintains projects, work break-down structures, and network activities in the Project Systems module in the company's ERP system.
- Reviews labor and procurement requisition charging to network activities and cost centers and works closely with accounting on proper company costing practices and internal controls.
- Provides training to other financial analysts on the company's ERP system, and supports system enhancements and upgrades as a super-user in specification requirements and testing.
- Reviews proposed contracts and other agreements from a financial and general business perspective.
- Interfaces with DCAA and external auditors on a variety of audit inquiries.
- Provides specialized cost accounting support on complex product lines, including project manufacturing, and/or sensitive program support requiring necessary security clearances and specialized accounting knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting and/or finance and ten or more years of progressive professional cost accounting experience in a corporate environment, preferably with a government contractor. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates an extensive technical expertise and application of industry and government cost accounting principles, theories, concepts, standards, and practices, with the ability to organize, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Experience with ERP systems and/or earned value management systems highly desired.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present accounting and finance findings: (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including senior managers and senior external parties on accounting and finance matters; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (5) the ability to represent the department or company on projects; and (6) excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Job ID#: 20518BR