General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
GA is looking to appoint a Financial Analyst within the financial planning and analysis ("FP&A") organization to support corporate finance projects, processes, and initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with senior leadership to create, update, and execute business plans, applying business acumen to shape and develop plans throughout the business lifecycle
- Develops and refines dynamic, robust integrated financial models, independently or as part of a team bridging across multiple affiliates, and plays a leading role in identifying, shaping, and rationalizing underlying assumptions
- Performs special economic evaluations, business and cost impact analyses, and cash forecasting.
- Assists senior leaders with project management, inclusive of development and maintenance of detailed project plans and other project-related tasks supporting the execution and implementation of the project plans
- Compiles and delivers polished, comprehensive presentations to senior leadership
- Prepares a variety of actual vs. budget reports including financial and variance analyses and recommendations for corrective action(s)
- Develops balance sheets and cash flow schedules; capital program and expenditure budgets; as well as base analyses for assigned profit centers
- Reviews proposed contracts and other agreements from a financial and general business perspective
- Provides specialized financial analysis on complex product lines, including project manufacturing, and/or sensitive program support requiring specialized accounting knowledge
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- May represent the Company with customers or government representatives
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting and/or finance and ten or more years of progressive professional finance or financial accounting experience in a corporate environment, preferably in the aerospace/defense industry. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates an extensive technical expertise and application of industry finance and financial accounting principles, theories, concepts, standards, and practices, with the ability to organize, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones with experience in project leadership.
- Must possess excellent financial modeling technical skills and experience, with ability to independently, or within a team, develop and refine complex financial models and present to senior leadership as a subject matter expert.
- Demonstrates strong general business acumen and is able to understand and explain to others the real-world implications of financial models, project plans, and underlying assumptions.
- Experience developing and refining business plans and ability to see the big picture beyond the financial statements.
- Must be able to rapidly integrate into the team and contribute immediately toward the Company's objectives.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present accounting and finance findings: (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including senior managers and senior external parties on accounting and finance matters; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; and (5) the ability to represent the department or company on projects.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential, as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Must be willing and able to accommodate extensive long-term travel, potentially at short notice, as well as flexible to work between several San Diego locations as required.
- International experience, particularly in the Middle East, is desirable.
- Experience with international offset agreement obligations is desirable, but not required.
- US citizenship or green card is required.