Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
The role is responsible for modeling product level financial forecasts to support various FP&A deliverables in addition to providing financial analysis. This individual will conduct discussions with subject matter experts across the business and document key financial assumptions to support the forecast process and will also contribute to senior leadership management reporting deliverables.
Support MMUS Planning & Analysis efforts including detailed financial modeling and analytical skills, communication and presentation of compelling insights and analysis, and the ability to provide quick turnaround on ad hoc requests. Support multi-year forecast results including financial statement variance analysis; own specific product models and identify opportunities to enhance modeling and forecasting process. Collaborate across team within FP&A as well as with others across the organization.
- This role includes, but is not limited to:
- Independently manages complex product modeling; support the annual financial planning process
- Work both independently and in a team setting as well as with management
- Provide support for presentations delivered to various customers including senior executives
- Drives continuous improvement and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility
- •Individual typically has up to 5+ years of related experience
- Degree in business, economics, or quantitative discipline
- Finance experience with financial modeling capability
- Strong communications skills, written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across cross-functional groups
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment
- High responsiveness and flexibility to changing business priorities and tight deadlines
- Superior organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional certifications and advanced degrees are valued
- Experience with Hyperion or other FP&A applications a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Knowledge of insurance and financial services industry preferred
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.