Financial Analyst - Financial Reporting
Less than 5 years experience • Health & Fitness
Bring your analytical skills to the #1 hospital in Wisconsin.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to:
- Have an active role in the monthly financialreporting and analysis.
- Participate in external and internal audit functions.
- Identify and develop solutions and processes that will improve efficiency, increase accuracy, and improve decision making.
Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
Minimum – Two – three years of experience in financialreporting. Two – three years of experience with computer systems, spreadsheet and database applications, data flow, report creation and data interpretation. Accounting/GAAP knowledge and auditing theory.
Preferred – Experience in health care. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis in Excel).
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to comfortable and professionally present information to senior management and committees
- Ability to prepare accurate financialreports
- Ability to work with complex accounting systems
- Problem solving skills and ability to handle a variety of challenging situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of general ledger
- Knowledge of payroll and tax procedures
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.